About this dome
- Size: 3823 sq ft
- Lot size: 5 acres
- A large Geodesic Dome Home in an upscale suburban community, 26 – 5-acre properties, 6 mi. from IBM, the Mayo Clinic, and downtown Rochester, Designed for entertaining, on a view lot. Horses OK. Economical heating system (see below). Costs under $900/year to heat and cool the entire facility.
- Two domes with attached oversized 3 car 1008 sq. ft. garage.
- The main house has 2 1/2 floors (2 + mezzanine): 3823 sq. ft. w/large master bedroom, walk-in closet, 50′ of a panoramic view. Master bedroom has a bathroom, oversize soak tub, separate WC with Bidet; includes a wet bar, pantry, dishwasher, 18 drawers, + closets and display cabinet. Stained glass treatment. Light walnut woodwork.
- Mezzanine, reached by a spectacular circular stairway, over-looks LR/DR area: Large study (or BR), guest BR, separate bathroom. Closets in each room + hall linen closet.
- The ground floor includes a large room for studio bedroom, activity room or playroom, served by three closets and a third bathroom. Large workshop and laundry. Utility room: groundwater heat pump on special low electric rate, with a 16-panel solar support system, and LP furnace back-up (all controlled by the online automatic system), Unused finished room for storage or other use. Other utilities: the septic tank and drain field, shared.
- House entrance is ground level with coat closet. Entrance to the main house via large circular entrance stairway.
- Oversize 3 car garage (two automatic doors) – attached to the house. The second dome, attached, over the garage, is 29′ diam, 660 sq. ft., a fully screened 3 season porch, with another panoramic view. Crawl space under the floor, suitable for ductwork, plumbing or more heating, if one wants to finish. Good corner storage areas.
- Other: House condition: good to excellent. The home was built in 1980. Roof redid Dec 1999 with 30-year new warranty.
- Property taxes: approx. $3,800/year
- Association fee (private road maintenance): $264/year + $250/year for Road Repair
- Price: $282,000 Owner invested over $320,000. Cannot reproduce, new for $425,000. Similar lots now selling $150,000 this area.