StormPlus® Windows & Doors
Our visionary products meet every demand
StormPlus windows and doors meet the strictest building codes and regulatory changes in every state. StormPlus options include energy efficient Low E II glass and reflective coatings to limit UV rays, control heat gain or loss, and help protect decor from fading. StormPlus also offers features that provide cyclic resistance, including storm clips, laminated glass and a greater amount of wood in the window structure. StormPlus products feature laminated glass and have been subjected to rigorous impact testing. When it comes to codes, we’ve considered everything, and delivered a superior solution.
Meets wind zones #1 and #2 in the international Building Codes for coastal states.
- Sustains winds from 110-120 mph within 1 mile of the coast and 120-129 mph greater than 1 mile from the coast
- Design pressures approach 50 psf for negative loads
- Stands up to wind-borne debris test: 4′ long 2×4 stud shot at 40′ per second
Impact Zone 3
Meets wind zones #1, #2, and #3 in the international Building Codes for coastal states.
- Sustains winds from 120-140 mph within 1 mile of the coast and 130-140 mph greater than 1 mile from the coast
- Design pressures approach 65 psf for negative loads
Stands up to wind-borne debris test: 8′ long 2×4 stud shot at 50′ per second
Impact Zone 4
- Sustains winds above 140 mph
- Design pressures exceed 65 psf for negative loads
- Stands up to wind-borne debris test: 8′ long 2×4 stud shot at 50′ per second, multiple times
Marvin StormPlus wood windows and doors are available with their huge selection of exterior aluminum clad colors, 5 interior wood choices, and hardware options. Because StormPlus units are designed for a specific, limited market, not all sized of all products are available. Check with us to see size availability in the following products:
- Casement windows
- Awning windows
- Double hung windows
- Fixed round top or polygon windows
- Inswing French door
- Outswing French door
- Sliding French door